Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 6-The World's Greatest Invention

Dear Deployment,

You'll be happy to know that I am writing this from work on my lunch break.  Since I was so lazy as to not post yesterday, I figured that I would actually sit my not so tiny hiney down and write this afternoon rather than wait until tonight when I convince myself that I'm just too tired to move off of our fur covered couch.
So there.

To be honest with you, the last couple of days haven't felt too horrible.  DH has almost been gone a week, and so far it's mostly smooth sailing (minus the puppy being a bit more ridiculous than I had hoped).  She is doing far better and I'm looking forward to coming home to a happy, healthy puppy once I'm off of work tonight.  I'm also enjoying the fact she let me sleep through the night again.  It's the little things in life....

I feel very blessed right now because with DH away at training, we didn't think it would be possible for him to get his internet hooked up.  For me, as long as I know, I'm okay with that.  So imagine my surprise when all of a sudden last night, I see his username pop up on my Skype.  He was able to get internet in his room and we were able to see each other's faces last night while talking.
It was the best thing ever.

I'm still convinced I married the world's handsomest man.  I know you're probably all jealous, but I don't mind--I got myself quite the catch....the sea bass among river bass, the amberjack among tuna.  He's all mine....and no, I don't know why I just used fishing references, especially since I haven't been fishing since I was six years old.
Oh well, it must be working with a bunch of toddlers that is making my brain go retrograde.

Never underestimate the power of seeing your love.  To see their faces, look at their eyes.  It's the best thing in the world.  It's better than anything I can think of that would relatively compare.  I am truly blessed.

I'm hoping that I will get to talk to him again tonight.  It's frustrating, knowing there will be days when we won't get to talk, but each time we do I hold onto that and it gets me through until the next time I can hear his voice....
....or be even more blessed and see his handsome face.

Sincerely,
The Faithful Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment