Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 23--A Whole New Ballgame

Dear Deployment,

I won't lie, I'm scared.  DH told me last night that he found out while at training they might be sending him to Afghanistan instead.  The place he was originally going I can do....Afghanistan is a whole different ballgame.  People die there.  People come home hurt.
People come home different.
That terrifies me.

What's funny is that this isn't even for certain--nothing in the military ever is.  But just the knowledge that it could happen kept me up all night.  I don't want my husband going there...not after I've been preparing myself for one location these last six months only to find out that he's not even going there.

But we don't have answers...and won't until he gets to his original assigned country.  He leaves for there on Friday morning.
This is all happening so fast, but answers won't come soon enough either.
Hurry up and wait, I guess.

Sincerely,
The Faithful Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment