Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 11-Trusting God More than Myself

Dear Deployment,

I feel like this is an exercise in trust. Ironically, I've always been a worry-wart, which is funny since I married into the military which is just a recipe for a brain meltdown.  With everything going on between work and puppy and home and DH's deploying....finding out about more stress really takes the cake.
Yes, I am talking about the proposed government shutdown.  It would impact us both, since he's military and I'm a government employee.  It's so frustrating entering into a new situation where things are again uncertain

but then again, this is our life.
and this is where I think God is putting me through his own version of bootcamp.  This is an exercise in trust.  My constant cleaning of the house is an exercise in discipline.  Making sure my DH's truck (read: his mistress) is ding-free is a lesson in responsibility.  Maybe this deployment will be good for me afterall.

So far, today has been good.  I won't get to talk to DH since they're doing night exercises (and the time difference doesn't help matters), but I was blessed to get a Facebook chat from him this morning before he left.
It's funny how those little things make our days.  I really am blessed though.

Today's post will be short since I am exhausted from work and ready to hit the sack. I'm looking forward to a certain number of days from now when he will be home to visit one last time before the deployment truly begins.
I'll get hugs and snuggles and time with my baby
and let's not forget a few frolicks in our nice big bed :)  (Hey! I'm married, I can say that)

Hurry up, November.  I want my husband home.
but in the meantime, let's get down to business.  I plan on graduating at the top of this class.
Ready. Set. Grow.

Sincerely,
The Faithful Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment