Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 16--You'd Think I'd Learn

Dear Deployment,

You'd like I'd learn by now, at my age, not to watch anything remotely scary...ever.  Well, if you know me at all, you'd know that I have a slight obsession with murder mysteries and the sort--especially those related to history.
You know where I'm going with this...
I watched a Discovery documentary on Jack the Ripper.  At 9 o'clock at night.
horrible decision really.

If DH didn't have such acute senses, my dog would be laying next to me in the bed right now (DH said absolutely no way in the world our dog can sleep with me....I'm doing my best to oblige)
Guh, I'm a sucker.

Today was a good day, a better day anyways.  I woke up in a mood, which is never good.  You ladies know what I'm talking about: the mood.  The one where the world's best choice (which I'm apparently not good at making) is to just let us sulk.  The morning started that way.
Puppy's antics havent' been helping.  so so naughty. but that's a story for another day.

I ended up not going to church tonight.  I just couldn't handle being around a bunch of women whose husbands were home.  Selfish? yes. Honest? Absolutely.  I needed to either be with women who know what I'm going through right now or be alone.
A good friend of mine then invited me to Zumba.  Being the sucker that I am (and knowing my personal trainer would kick my not-so-trim backside if I didn't go), I went.
Holy gracious it was painful the best thing ever.  and I mean that!  I had a blast
but my legs hurt

Ah endorphins.  They're so wonderful.

Then my best friend came over (aka: bestie) and she did homework while I ate ice cream to null the work out that I put in....my trainer will be so proud.

So, today's moral:
Eat ice cream promptly after Zumba
Don't beat the dog when she wakes you up at 5am
don't watch shows that you know will give you the heebie jeebies

Maybe by November I'll have those ones down pat--minus the don't beat the dog one....just kidding.

Sincerely,
The Faithful Wife

P.S. My paper chain is getting smaller and smaller :)

No comments:

Post a Comment