Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 10-Hello Double Digits

Dear Deployment,

It's official: we've hit the double digits.  It doesn't feel like he left all that long ago, but at the same time,  it feels like an eternity since he held me last.  I hope this is a sign that this is going to fly by....

I made a paper chain to help get this deployment going faster.  Sometimes I swear I'm a 22 year old in a 4 year old's body, but you know what? if it helps me, then I say awesome.  I secretly look forward to bedtime when I can take off another link and watch that chain get smaller.

At my Bible study on Sunday,we were discussing strategies for dealing with deployments for kids....and what was surprising to me was that a lot of those suggestions, would also work for us women who have no children yet.  We need routine, we need things to keep us busy, we need security in our relationship.  These are basic needs that need to be met for anyone of any age going through a deployment.

So my goals for this deployment are simple: Create a routine.  Make traditions.  Allow myself to acknowledge when I'm struggling but also hold to the joy that can only come from the Lord.  They seem simple, but I really believe that they will make all the difference.
I've also started memorizing scripture to help me remember God's promises to me.  The one I'm working on right now is from Joshua 1:9
 "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified; do not be discourged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"

I am holding to that verse as a reminder that in my own strength, I can't do this, but the Lord will uphold me and will be with me in every high and low caused by our circumstances.

It's comforting to know that the God I serve is greater than any deployment.  There is power in that.

Sincerely,
The Faithful Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment