Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 59--Playing Mommy, Allergies and BBQ

Dear Deployment,

You've been keeping me busy..so busy, in fact, that I'd neglected to write for a week.  Shame on me, I know.  Between work and trying to get everything else accomplished, I don't have much time left in my days.  However, writing has always been a big part of my life, and I've noticed that my days go much better when I get a chance to write, so I'll try to be more diligent about posting.

I get to play mommy.  One of the perks of working at a daycare is all of the extra "kid time" I get to have.  DH and I want a family some day, but considering we've only been married seven months, it's a bit too early to add to our clan.  I get my baby fixes from friends and work.  I get one handsome man every morning at 5am.  We hang out until we go to school around 8.  He's sure a sweetie.
Starting this evening, I get another little guy to add to the mix, except he's staying with me for four days.  His mom is having twins and asked if I could watch him for a few days while she's at the hospital.  I was happy to oblige.

One thing about where we live is the storms.  I don't mind them, since I've grown up with storms, but I know a lot of my friends get really scared by them.  Considering how violent some of the storms parts of the country have gotten, I feel blessed to know that they haven't hit us that hard here (minus some hail, but that's not a major).
Allergies here are a beast, though.  I am not a fan.  I swear I wake up coughing every morning and I haven't been able to breathe out of my nose since last September.  Even puppy has been affected--both her back legs look like chew sticks they're itching her so bad.  I'm going to call the vet and get her a steroid shot later this week--when I picked her up from daycare, they suggested that would be a good idea.

Perhaps the thing that bothers me the most with DH being gone is the quiet, and the lack of reason to cook a real meal.  I was getting so sick of ramen that I called a good friend of mine and invited her over for dinner last night.  We had BBQ chicken and it was oh, so good.
You never know the value of friendships until you have a BBQ chicken moment.

I need to head to work, but I promise to post more frequently.  Busy days, busy nights.
Bring my husband home

Sincerely,
The Faithful Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment